"Cities are conversations". Italo Calvino
An inspiring workshop to empower citizens and redesign cities with the lens of New Economies.
WHY CITIZEN DESIGN THINKING?
We face a hyperconnected world and a planet with finite resources which requires our collective citizen action. Today cities represent a solution to the systemic challenges including climate change, inequality, exclusion and scarcity.
The world is a network of cities.
Globalization has made cities the natural ecosystem for human relationships, making them more effective than countries themselves to enable the wellbeing of its residents thanks to their dynamism, efficiency potential, sustainability and flexibility. Working at a local level is fundamental to obtain a global transformation and facilitate the transition from an ‘egosystem’ which excludes to an inclusive, regenerative and sustainable ecosystem.
Citizen Design Thinking is a methodology to dynamize and re-think small, medium and large cities which want to migrate towards models of sustainable, regenerative and inclusive cities where citizens actively implicate themselves in the design, decisions and execution of actions for a transition.
Why develop this program in my city?
- Visualize the city citizens dream of
- Identify common patterns capable of regenerating social, economical and environmental capital
- Activate, inspire and generate a feeling which inspires action, creativity and positivity
- Map opportunities, identify talent and empower strategic actors
- Experience an ideation, co-creation and radical citizen collaboration process
- Actively listen to and identify specific citizen projects as insight for strategic actions
- Reach meta conclusions through the convergence of ideas
- Elaborate a roadmap for short, medium and long term
- Generate a long term working platform which sustains and keeps alive the process